David V. Valauri, DDS
David V. Valauri, DDS is a Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon who has been in private practice since 1983. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Valauri received his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, after completing a residency in General Dentistry followed by a residency in Dental Anesthesiology. Dr. Valauri is a fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
In addition to his private practice, Dr Valauri has been actively involved in resident training at Mount Sinai since 1983. He is engaged in resident teaching clinically and didactically on a daily basis in dentistry, anesthesiology and surgery. He is Department Medical Director, Director of Dental Anesthesiology, Chief of Implant Dentistry (surgery) and Faculty as Assistant Clinical Professor in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Mount Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Valauri is also Assistant professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and New York University College of Dentistry.
Dr. Valauri has lectured on various topics in maxillofacial reconstructive surgery, dental implants and anesthesiology nationally and internationally.
Dr. Valauri is a dedicated, experienced, and caring professional. Each patient receives his personal attention, one-to-one, providing "old fashioned medicine" with the most modern and innovative surgical techniques of contemporary Oral & Maxillofacial surgery. He and his office staff will provide a most pleasant atmosphere from the time you are welcomed to the office to your comfortable departure.
Certification & Licensure
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (Diplomat)
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology (Diplomat)
- American Heart Association: Basic and Advanced Life Support
- N.Y.S. Dental License
- N.Y.S. Certification in Dental General Anesthesia
- Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners
- National Board of Dental Examinations
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (Fellow)
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (Fellow)
- American College of Dentists (Fellow)
- American Dental Association
- N.Y.S. Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- N.Y.S. Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- N.Y.S. Dental Society
- N.Y. County Dental Society
Dr. Valauri is on staff at the following New York City Hospitals:
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Manhattan Eye, Ear, & Throat Hospital